Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gonna make it...

About a year and a half ago, maybe more, I started writing a children's book. I was really excited, since I have wanted to write since I took a great literacy class in college.  I got about half way through the story, and sent it off to a couple of friends, who shared their comments & critiques.  Then I got stuck.  Major stuckage.  I blamed it on being busy....which I know I was.  I blamed it on Paul...who still takes up a considerable amount of time and his fair share of attention. (He may need a sibling, it's possible.)  But the main issue, is I don't know where to take the story now.  So, here is my first goal.
  • Dust off my story and finish it!
It will be figurative dust, as the draft is on my computer, but I'm going to finish it.  Even if never goes anywhere (publish etc.) I will be pleased to have this goal accomplished.  And who knows, maybe I'll just be rich and famous, and become the most acclaimed children's author in all history.  Well, at least I'll have a book written.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! If I can help let me know! I'd love to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your new blog. What a great idea!! Maybe I could do a "60 by 60". That would give me 9 years. Can I come up with 60 things?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete