- #6 Family History and/or indexing four hours each month
- #7 Community service project at least once a year
- #8 Give a Book of Mormon to someone once a year
Check! on #8. I gave one to a friend I work with who asked me some questions after seeing Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD's in my collection. It's the first one I've ever given away so I was pretty proud of myself!
One of my friends is using the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants about having a house of God. aOrganize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a bhouse, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
So this month we are working on:
- #9 Becoming a house of prayer - this means we are trying to say morning and night family prayers. Mornings are hard for us, so we are really trying.
- #10 I'm also trying to step it up in personal prayers - I'm pretty good at praying with Paul and Jared, but don't always take the time to pray myself.
Also, Shayla gave me the Deceptively Delicious cookbook, that you puree fruits and veggies and use them in kid-friendly recipes. Because you have to plan to have the purees ready, I decided I'm really ready to plan my weekly meals. I already use Cozi.com as my calendar, so I just have started planning a week at a time. What my goal is to
- #11 Get to the point where I have a month worth of recipes, and can simply change they day they are on. I have included ingredients in the notes section so I can include them on my weekly shopping list. I have done one week so far.
I'm excited to go part time next week (I hope!) and will do better on getting my goals done. I have seriously slacked on the playing the hymns, so I need to get some headphones and do that while Paul is napping. So, there you have it. Time to step it up!