Friday, December 10, 2010

The clock is ticking...(Shayla's item #1, #2 and #3 in progress)

Okay, okay, I'm here at last.  So sorry... too bad I wasted 2 months of the time I could be getting things done for this project.  Or did I?

Actually, when Amanda and I first talked about this when we turned 29 in September, I actually wrote down 28 things (I need to find 2 more still, and I kind of wonder if the rest of my 28 things are actually do-able in one years time considering the pace of life)  So let me see, have I actually accomplished anything yet?

Create 2 new pieces of choreography...check and check!

  I didn't think this would be happening as quickly as it did, but due to the fact that I spent all my budget for my ballet company on costumes (which we desperately needed), I had to come up with all the choreography myself for the concert we had last month.

It was insane, and I feel intensely drained and like I need to go hibernate for a month to recover, but hey it's worth it if I can check something off my list, right?  and I got two checks from that one, even better!  (I'm a little type A, I know... remember when getting a sticker was enough incentive for you to do something as a kid?  Yeah, that will probably still work on me... just sayin')

#3 on my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 is to read David Copperfield... in progress!  To be honest, I don't think I would have started it if I had realized that it's almost 1,000 pages long, but I'm on Chapter 18 and making good progress, and it has redeemed Charles Dickens standing in my eyes... I loved Tale of Two Cities and who doesn't love a Christmas Carol, but the last Dickens I read was Great Expectations (No disrespect intended, but what was the point, really Mr. Dickens?)

So, onward with David Copperfield and on to my 4th item on my list...

1 comment:

  1. You are AMATHING! I'm always amazed at your choreography, that everyone always has something to do, and it's all works together and is beautiful! Way to go Idaho! PSSSSST! I want to see your list. Maybe I will steal some for me. I'm having a hard time with realistic ones.

    ReplyDelete